Rob at Bluegunstore.com announced over a week ago that Ring's is making a dummy for the Sig Nitron 1911, which has the proprietary Sig slide profile. Sig has so many different models of 1911s, I was wondering if any of you know if the slide dimensions (thickness, and radius, not length of course,) are the same for all of their models that have the "Sig Profile." Not speaking of the "Traditional" models, which have standard 1911 profiled slides.

Paul

They are close enough. Just keep in mind that SIG essentially makes four series of 1911s -- Square-slide; Square-slide with rails; traditional; traditional with rails. So you would need four pistols to be covered on all counts.

I just purchased a new Sig 1911 XO Nitron and NOW they offer Blue Guns!

Oh well, tax deductible business expense, and one can never really have too many good handguns.

I have dummy guns for traditional 1911 slides both with and without rails, so I should be good for those. I might even be able to insert my traditonal slide/railed 1911 in the holster first, then put the Sig dummy in to open it up for the slide, to make railed Sig 1911 holsters. Just thinking for the future, I'm not ordering the dummy just yet. Soon though.

Lobo,

That SUCKS! Oh well, you can buy a dummy now, and put less wear and tear on your shooter. The only time you have too many good guns, is when there's no more room in the safe, and no room for a new safe!

Paul

Edited by Colt Hammerless

I just purchased a new Sig 1911 XO Nitron and NOW they offer Blue Guns!

Oh well, tax deductible business expense, and one can never really have too many good handguns.

Did the same thing last year.

Needed a 1911 anyway.

tk