carlaube

Landis No. 1 ?

Is this a Landis No. 1 stitcher? I was able to buy some equipment from a shop that was closing. The weight is something else. I have to go back for the base....this time with help. I read on another thread that there is a manual for the #1 if that is what this is. I would be more than happy to pay for a copy of the manual and of course postage. These old machines are awesome and deserve to be saved. I'm hoping a member can help. Many thanks.post-41064-0-51946200-1389819755_thumb.jpost-41064-0-70814100-1389819765_thumb.j

Carl,

Are you getting it all sorted out? Of course you need to post more pictures as you go! haha

Best of luck.

John

Looks like a Landis one to me! Nice find, seems to be in half way decent shape too.

Good Luck

Hey Carl...how about an update on this machine???

John

Hey John. Didn't get much done on the Landis 1. We had a good dose of snow so that put the damper on getting the base home. I have the head wrapped and stored til spring then I'll go for it. But in the mean time I've been busy with the Landis 12 and the Singer.I can't wait to run a set of soles throught the machine. I have a job lined up for the Singer...a long dog leash. Being that the back yard is plugged solid with the white stuff , "Dartanian" has to use the front yard for his "duty" Ahhhh thoes "winter tulips" I'll keep you posted on the Landis 1. Really appreciate the help. Cheers.

Ha! Sounds like me, Carl!! I've been waaaaaay too busy building sleighs this winter. I cleaned my machine, covered it up and haven't touched it all winter! Our snow's just about gone (well..it's snowing right now, but it's not supposed to stick around) and we'll be starting to work horses pretty quick, so I imagine I'll have to pull it out of retirement, replace a part or two and get it ready to do some harness maintenance soon.

John

Hello,

I might be able to help you out. I have a memograph copy of a Landis #1 manual. I could scan it in and email it to you.

Only thing it was copied on yellow paper and I'm not sure how well it will scan. Second this is it might be early next week before I can get it done.

I've been meaning to scan it any way just in case something were to happen to this copy. It is about 20 pages long I'm guessing

If you want, send me your email address and I will do my best to get it to you next week.

They are beautiful machines. I've had my stored for several years but thinking about geting it out again and putting it back in shape.

Tane Moore