howardb

Just a guild piece

If you've ever been to an IFOLG show, then you have probably see the guild display tables. One of the weakest tables this year was Hoosier leather guild, and Calumet was right behind it. Many of the guilds have eleborate backdrops, special themes, etc. Hooser and Calumet just had bits of members work on display.

Anyway, the Hoosier LG is making a new... what to call it... Sampler. A long past member carved a nice outline of Indiana and the guild logo, and it's about 11Wx14H. Now that Hoosier has re-formed with a new membership, we are making squarish plaques to fit around the old guild "display thingy". So a couple folks cut out the new plaques and handed them out. The end result, eventually, will be a larger guild plaque. While our display table will never rival Lone Star or CIL, it will definitely look better next year!

Mine's done and I'm taking it to the meeting tomorrow. I got the pattern from one of my flower pictures. Hope you like it.

The Picture:

IMG_4586.JPG

The carved image:

IMG_5756.JPG

Painted:

IMG_5768.JPG

Finished:

IMG_5773.JPG

Brent

post-5266-1223159659_thumb.jpg

post-5266-1223159702_thumb.jpg

post-5266-1223159718_thumb.jpg

post-5266-1223159726_thumb.jpg

Very nice work Brent. Excellent representation of the flower.

BTW, re: the last PM.....NO, I've NEVER done that. EVER. "..that's my story and I'm stickin' to it."

Very pretty, Brent! I like the coloring you were able to do. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Hey Brent, looking way good my man. Keep it up. Billy P