NakedDog

Lots Of Cuffs/bracelets/pendants To Store Until Next Craft Show, How?

Hi everyone,

After coming home from the festival in my town, I question the best way to store the completed leather jewelry I've made, mostly cuffs, bracelets and pendants. I've always kept them loose in the art studio so it wasn't an issue. I'm hesitant to wrap them in a ziplock bag without air flowing and don't want Mr. Mold to visit them and screw them up. I also don't want any dye to splash on them or tools etc.

I confess, when I'm creating leatherwork I am oblivious to where I set down my tools that I'm using at the moment. I try, really hard to set them to my right, stay organized and save myself some time hunting for whatever the heck I just had in my hand, yet I'm still guilty of tossing it out of my way to complete the setup of whatever, admire my work and then either add more chrome or stamp it more and duh, where the heck is that stamp I just used?!?!? So, I don't want to be tossing tools at the completed leatherworks, which I'm sure I"d easily do. Yes, I have a custom built rack to store my lealther tools and some 2x4" boards drilled with holes for my stamps, but that creative process is like sleepwalking, I guess. (No, I don't sleepwalk, whew).

I was storing them on pvc pipe hanging off of shelves, not too efficient. I transported them to the craft show in zip bags, but am questioning whatever may linger in the leather that we can't see, mold, bacteria, whatever and if it would start growing in a clear zipped baggie.

Whatcha' think??? :whatdoyouthink:

Ilene