Sign in to follow this  
okie44

My First Two Pocket Holsters For Sale

Hi all, here are photos of my first two pocket carry holsters, and I am going to put these at my friends gun shop, and see if they will sell. One is for a Kel-Tec P3AT with a C.T.C. Laser, and the other one is for the gun alone. They are just simple rough out sleeve style holsters with "horns" top and at trigger guard to help keep the holster in the pocket during the draw. I still have good days and bad days when it comes to stitching, but I am working on it. Sorry about the photo quality, but I am working on that too. It's not that I don't know better, just sometimes I don't do better. Maybe 1 out of three ain't too bad? :rolleyes2: Here are the photos, let me know what you think. John

P3AT_1.jpgP3AT_2.jpgP3AT_3.jpg

post-6341-1224465963_thumb.jpg

post-6341-1224465978_thumb.jpg

post-6341-1224465990_thumb.jpg

John

Solid pocket holster design. I can't tell from your photos if you applied any finish to your leather. If not, I use Fieblings Tan Kote to protect the leather. It will help the leather fibers on the rough side to lay down a bit and provide a nice water resistant finish.

Again, I can't see your edges. I sand my edges down, wet the edges, then burnish the edge by briskly rubbing the edges with a piece of scrap denim. That should give you a smooth, shiny edge. Good luck and post some more of your holsters as you progress.

Randy

Thanks for the advice. I haven't tried Tan Kote yet, but I will on my next rough out holster. I just wet and burnished one of them, and the other one I used bee's wax and rubbed the other one with the back of a piece of cloth backed sand paper. It's probably similar to the denim. both came out reasonably well, but I probably won't bother with the bees wax in the future. One question I have tho is, I use the rough out to help locate the holster in the pocket, but will it work as well if I have Tan Kote on it? John

John

Your fore and aft hooks should help keep the holster in the pocket when drawing the pistol. IMO, tan kote won't hinder pocket retention. It does put a nice semi-gloss and water resistant finish on my pocket holsters.

I'm not stealing your thread but below you can see one of my holsters with the tan kote.

Good Luck

Randy

100_1418.jpg

Good looking holster, and I'm not worried about you stealing my thread. Thanks for the picture, as it answers my question about the rough out leather looks with Tan Kote on it. Thanks, John

Hi all, here are photos of my first two pocket carry holsters, and I am going to put these at my friends gun shop, and see if they will sell. One is for a Kel-Tec P3AT with a C.T.C. Laser, and the other one is for the gun alone. They are just simple rough out sleeve style holsters with "horns" top and at trigger guard to help keep the holster in the pocket during the draw. I still have good days and bad days when it comes to stitching, but I am working on it. Sorry about the photo quality, but I am working on that too. It's not that I don't know better, just sometimes I don't do better. Maybe 1 out of three ain't too bad? :rolleyes2: Here are the photos, let me know what you think. John

P3AT_1.jpgP3AT_2.jpgP3AT_3.jpg

Nice looking work and a good design. I agree with the others on applying a finish coat, those pockets can become damp places and untreated leather will absorb moisture like a sponge. Good handguns deserve protection. Lobo