Ed57

Intro - New Member From Louisiana.

Hi all,

Just signed up and have been reading through some of the posts. All I can say is Wow! Lots of information contained within this site.

Been involved in knife making for a couple of years now, and want to make my own sheaths as well as holsters for my guns. I am new to leather work, having made only a few sheaths and one gun holster. All of my sheaths tend to be too loose, so I have a lot to learn.

I reside in the central Louisiana area and after reading here for a bit, realize there are quite a few folks here from Louisiana. Lots from the surrounding states as well, especially the great state of Texas, however I am not currently speaking to people from Mississippi after the LSU vs. Miss. St game last Saturday :-)

Look forward to being here.

Ed

Ed57

Welcome to the best leather site on the internet in my humble opinion. I have tooled leather for 30+ years and thought I knew a thing or two until I found LW, was I wrong. The money I have saved since joining has more than paid for the contribution and the people I have met, who are more than willing to help, have made the connection even better. I look forward to seeing some of your work .

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Hello Ed57.

Welcome to a awesome site.

If you get a chance you may wish to take a trip down to NOLA to visit the Tandy store down there. It will certainly feed your imagination of new ideas for things to make or do. The people there are very helpful and willing to help.

Arthur Andersen

Hi, Thanks for the welcome. I do plan to go to the Tandy store, only the one in Shreveport as it is much closer.

Ed

• Hi Ed57, I didn't realize there was a Tandy store in Shreveport and you are right, that would be alot closer. But since I live in Metairie (only about 5 miles away from the NOLA store) I never checked any other stores out. I am sure you will enjoy the adventure no matter where you go. Enjoy and show us your results when you get something to show.

Arthur