Sign in to follow this  
TwinOaks

Looking For Local Members

Howdy everyone, I'm trying to find out if there are any members in or near North Alabama. I spoke to Chance at the Tandy in Montgomery and he indicated that there were several people from this general area. I'm not sure if it's an official guild or just a collection of makers, but I'm interested in meeting any of our members in the area.

Hello Twin Oaks,

No idea for certain but seems to me that there was a group in Huntsville some time ago.

Chance is at the Hoover/Birmingham store and I understand that they started a small guild there a couple of years ago.

Other than that, I have no knowledge of other groups in Alabama. Will look around to see what I can learn.

God Bless and hope you Thanksgiving is a wonderful time.

Ray

Oops...I wrote 'Montgomery'.....I still think of that, I suppose, because that's where I met him. I've been to the Hoover store a couple of times on my way to/from Huntsville and Mobile. He had mentioned that small guild but indicated that they started meeting further north than the store. Hence....I'm a-tryin' to find them.

Twin Oaks,

Try the Leather Crafters and Saddlers Journal site and see if they have a listing for the various guilds. I subscribe and will look at my latest copy soon, to see if I can be of assistance.

Seem to recall that there was a page at back of pub that listed guilds.

God Bless.

Ray

Hello Mike,

Finally able to retrieve my latest issue of the Journal and was surprised to see only the group in Hoover listed. I feel certain that there was a group/guild in your area and will look at some of my older issues in an attempt to obtain some information for you.

ALABAMA LEATHER GUILD

LIONHEARTLEATHER@YAHOO.COM

MEET: LAST SUNDAY, 2:00 PM

No location given for meeting place.

Hope this is of some assistance.

God Bless.

Ray

Thanks Ray, I'll get in contact with them and see if they know of a more local group. If not....I might be in for a drive