Sign in to follow this  
digdug18

Weight Belt?

I tried searching, couldn't find anything. I was looking for a pattern, or how thick to make it, what weight leather, etc. But couldn't find anything.

It seems like the perfect product to me, that big open space for a pattern, figure carving, perhaps some stingray inlay?

You'd figure that they want to stand out, make a statement when at the gym. At least they do at the gym I goto.

I might just buy a belt, perhaps a used belt just so I can copy it.

Andrew

The ones I have used have all been really heavy weight leather. I don't think using 12-14 oz would be out of line. Skive the buckle end of course. I have used some that were lined with suede and had a cushioned section in the small of the back ( the very wide portion of the belt).

I've never seen any patterns, but I'm sure there are some out there. I think making a pattern yourself would be easy. Just figure our how wide the large section will be and how long, then narrow it down to a 2-1/2" or 3" strap portion.

good luck & post pics of the final product

Just found one on ebay for cheap, I'll deconstruct it, and make a pattern for it, I'll post the dimensions up here when I get it all done.

I made this one for a customer a while back. Pretty simple, it's 8/10 oz laminated together to make 16/20 oz. The design I just drew out, they wanted extra support in the lower back so I added it. Not much to making the pattern, it's basically a really think Ranger Style Belt that's really wide.

Chief

post-6362-0-64057200-1424212994_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-14348800-1424212997_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-84304800-1424212999_thumb.jp