Severase

Singer 20U Is Acting Up

Hello all. I'm trying to see how I can fix the tension on my singer 20u. The top stick is fine but the bottom you can see the top part vividly. Anything I can do to make it work as I'm trying to finish orders. It's killing me.

As they say in the classics - we have good news and bad news!

The good news is that there are only two areas that could be the problem but the bad news is that you need to work out where the problem is.

First question I always ask is what did you change just before the problem arose?

If you rethreaded the top end then check the threading. Usually the problem is that you are behind the tension discs and not running through them

Good morning, that's great news to hear. Not that complicated thank God.

you know tracked back to the day after the repair man was a no show n I realized I changed the bobbin tension before and had to play with it to try to get it to be right it's close to being there m not quite as perfect but it's better than paying $100 bucks for a mistake I made. At the begining and end of the sewing stitch the top stick still shows up on the bottom one. Like the bottom is loose. So i just have to make a back stitch to secure it but I don't want to have to do that. I would rather have it sew as it should.

Tension is not a reason to spend money on service.

Take the bobbin case and put it on your palm with the bobbin facing up, tilt your hand at about 45 degrees and pull the thread. The bobbin should start to turn at about the same time the thread starts to pull through.

I really think your problem is on the top end

I just did that and it's tight and didn't budge!!

Pick the thread up and see if you get any movement.

Why is the tension different when the machine worked properly before?

What did you change?

Could be as simple as a badly wound bobbin

I had loosen the tension bobbin before to make it roll as you were explaining and tats when the oroe

Arose. N later I thighten the top tension to fix the problem. It it got worse. So I retighten the bottom bobbin tension as I remembered it was. N now it's not the same as before but as close as I could hAve done it without losing it.