littlehorses

Need A 3D Steel Stamp

I don't know where to post this, so I started a new thread.

We had someone make us a steel stamp - twice - needing it to be 3D - or even flat with detail in it - but the stamp maker couldn't do to our specs and has declined to do anything more to help us.

If you know of a stamp maker that can do a animal stamp with detail - please contact me.

Thanks.

Linda

What do you mean by 3D? A picture of a detail of the failed attempts would be helpful.

Do you mean 3D in the sense that it's contoured or raised from the back vs. debossed into the material? That requires a top and bottom die and I don't think it's that commonly done except in industry. "Embossed" leather isn't really embossed like print. Owasso in Michigan can probably just make you the top die, but you need CAD files for the contours.

You can fake emboss by debossing the negative space around your art vs. raising it from the back. This leaves the illusion of the positive space of your mark being raised above the surface when it's really just the surface itself.

Sorry, but I still don't understand what you want.

ok, sorry, I haven't been on here. so I guess we really need a 2D stamp - the california bear stamp with detail, hair detail, distinguishable legs - like the Tandy bear stamp, but I need other stuff added to it. I will try to get a photo tomorrow