smirak

Help Me With Finding A Pc Of Leather

You may have read my post about my recent Frye Boot experience. Now, the wife is dying to have a bag. I don't want to make one out of vegtan, so I'm thinking a pc of dyed chrome tanned/oil tanned leather will do. The purses at Frye had a waxy, supple feel to them, almost like a pc of thin harness leather. Not that you know 100%, but is that just a feature/product of the leather they are using? Want to get a nice pc of leather with a nice pullup to make this out of, but don't want to break the bank either. She picked up a pc of leather at Tandy a couple weeks ago that was oil tanned and had a nice pullup, but the worker there told her to be careful because the leather rubbing against a white shirt (for example) could rub off and color her shirt the same color. So, she got scared and we took that back. Now, she wants a new purse. Looking for advice on a good pc of leather to make a hobo style bag out of that will present that type of feel as well as have a nice pullup. I'm "leather new", so my knowledge isn't there yet...

Thanks,

Kevin