Trox

Cs Osborne Compass Style Stitch Grover Need A New Tip

I have an old CS Osborne Compass style stitch grover with replaceable tip. My question is, do anybody know if there are new tip's available for them somewhere? I see that Weaver sells a similar compass of the Horse shoe brand, do anybody know if their tip will fit a Osborne Compass. I have only seen those on pictures and they look a bit bigger to me. The tip on my tool is ready to be replaced.

If anybody have any knowledge about this, please let me know.

Thank You.

Tor

post-10237-0-56274400-1438879175_thumb.j

The Douglas Versa Groover tips will fit it. Ill check later to see if the Horseshoe Brand I have for sale will interchange tips with the Osborne.

The Douglas Versa Groover tips will fit it. Ill check later to see if the Horseshoe Brand I have for sale will interchange tips with the Osborne.

Thank you Bruce, I knew you had this knowledge :) . And thank you for checking the horse shoe brand compass tip too. I did a quick google search and found the Versa tips at Sheridan leather http://www.sheridanleather.com/Versa_Groover_p/dt-versa.htm

They sell three sizes to 17 $ a piece

http://www.sheridanleather.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=DT%2Dtips#PhotoSwipe1438977811922

I will check it out.

Lots of nice stuff on your site now Bruce. It's frustrating that the US$ are so high against the Norwegian currency right now. For one and a half year ago, I paid a bit over 5 NOK for 1 US$. Now I have to pay almost 8,5 NOK for 1 US$. It's nearly the double. They say the NOK will go up in the end of this year, cause they (the Norwegian goverment) devalued it them self to be more competitive to foreign trade. I really hope it will normalize, like it is now I can't afford buying much from your country. Perhaps the Dollar will come down a bit too.

Please let me know what you find out.

Thank you.

Tor

Tor,

It did fit the CSO groover I tried it in. I have a couple spare versa-groover tips and will send you one. Let me know what else you may be looking for as I am out of the special Linie Aquavit Norwegian saddle soap.

- Bruce

That's great Bruce, I can send you some more of that special liquid saddle soap. Let me check and I let you know later today, that's tomorrow for you.

Thank you.

Tor

Hi Bruce, Pm sent.

Tor