kkikoss

Two Questions For Edges

Hello all the forum. How are you? I have two questions.

First case: When i burn edge and then i want to paint it.

I burn the edges with gum tragacanth. Can anyone please tell me the exact order of how to use these three products? The products are , first burn with gum tragacanth, after use black fiebing edge kote and finally finish with fiebing tan kote.

Is the order in which I use them correct?
I have read elsewhere that I must use first the black edge kote then burn with gumb and finally finish with the tan kote. So is this the ideal way to do it without leaving any black stains on the wrist skin? It is for watch straps.
Thanks for your time.

Second case: For above results ( polished ''plastic'' edge finish in many colours )
which products exactly should I use.

SEMI-DENSE-EDGE-PAINT-041.jpg
RTEmagicC_1f6e876dde_01.jpg_0.jpg?itok=3

Maybe first fiebing acrylic paint and then tan kote finish? As i say it is for watch straps. So , i don't want to leave any colors stains on the wrist skin.
Thanks for your time.

Finally ,generaly speaking which is the best product for the perfect finally edge finish? tan kote or resolene?
Thanks again!!!

Hello, what type of leather are you using? For the plastic finish it works best on chrome tanned leather. For that you have two choices Giardini or Fenice.

Hello, what type of leather are you using? For the plastic finish it works best on chrome tanned leather. For that you have two choices Giardini or Fenice.

Hello!!! How are you? Thanks for your time.

I use many types of leather , exotics , cowhide etc.

First i must use sandpaper for edges , then the paints thaT you send me and finally tan kote or resolene for finish. Correct? Is this the ideal way to do it without leaving any color stains on the wrist skin of my client?

Thanks for your time.

Edited by kkikoss

Hello!!! How are you? Thanks for your time.

I use many types of leather , exotics , cowhide etc.

First i must use sandpaper for edges , then the paints thaT you send me and finally tan kote or resolene for finish. Correct? Is this the ideal way to do it without leaving any color stains on the wrist skin of my client?

Thanks for your time.

Hello, i don't know what tools you already have in your possession but in my experience using Giardini or Fenice edge paint with a heating tool like the picture you have above is enough. You can finish it off with beeswax and a good rubbing. It will not leave any stains on your customers.

Hello, i don't know what tools you already have in your possession but in my experience using Giardini or Fenice edge paint with a heating tool like the picture you have above is enough. You can finish it off with beeswax and a good rubbing. It will not leave any stains on your customers.

Hello again ! How are you? I try to buy giardini from here http://www.leatheredgepaint.com/new-shop/ .

1. Do you know any other place with better prices?

2. For the work That i want to use it, for watchstraps , which series must i buy? maxedge or maxmatt ?And if i choose for example maxmatt which product? semi-dense , dense or extramatt? Can you help me which one i choose?I sent emai to the company few days ago but they haven't answered me yet.

Thank you.

Hello,

Where are you located? Why did you decide on Giardini over Fenice? I don't know if you are aware of this but I will tell you anyway. In my opinion Giardini finishes a bit more glossy in comparisme to Fenice. If a matte look is what you are going for then I suggest you choose Fenice. If you want a bit of gloss go for Giardini.

If you decide on Fenice I will dissuade you from buying it from Tandy. The Fenice they sell is a diluted version and is of lower quality. Sadly there are not that many retailers of Giardini besides Giardini themselves. I think there's one guy on this Forum who sells Giardini. I think he's called Lekoza or something like that. Search for him on here if you want. I do suggest you get it straight from the source though.

The question about which series to buy depends entirely on how you intend to apply the paint. Since you are doing watch straps I presume you are hand painting them. If so then your best option is the Maxmatt semi-dense version. The dense version is very thick and works better with machine application. The semi -dense is quite thick too but suitable for hand application. The Extra - matte is just a top coat after painting which I guess produces the matte effect you would get when using Fenice edge paint. So my advise will be Maxmatt Semi -dense in regards to Giardini.

I don't know how you emailed Giardini but I suggest you contact Enrico directly if you plan to place an order - enrico@giardinigroup.it I think the reason why your email to them hasn't been answered is because They are away at a Trade Show in Milan this week so your reply might be delayed. Let me know you if you have further questions.

Hello,

Where are you located? Why did you decide on Giardini over Fenice? I don't know if you are aware of this but I will tell you anyway. In my opinion Giardini finishes a bit more glossy in comparisme to Fenice. If a matte look is what you are going for then I suggest you choose Fenice. If you want a bit of gloss go for Giardini.

If you decide on Fenice I will dissuade you from buying it from Tandy. The Fenice they sell is a diluted version and is of lower quality. Sadly there are not that many retailers of Giardini besides Giardini themselves. I think there's one guy on this Forum who sells Giardini. I think he's called Lekoza or something like that. Search for him on here if you want. I do suggest you get it straight from the source though.

The question about which series to buy depends entirely on how you intend to apply the paint. Since you are doing watch straps I presume you are hand painting them. If so then your best option is the Maxmatt semi-dense version. The dense version is very thick and works better with machine application. The semi -dense is quite thick too but suitable for hand application. The Extra - matte is just a top coat after painting which I guess produces the matte effect you would get when using Fenice edge paint. So my advise will be Maxmatt Semi -dense in regards to Giardini.

I don't know how you emailed Giardini but I suggest you contact Enrico directly if you plan to place an order - enrico@giardinigroup.it I think the reason why your email to them hasn't been answered is because They are away at a Trade Show in Milan this week so your reply might be delayed. Let me know you if you have further questions.

Hello bro,

Thank you very much for your answer.I haven't used these paints before and for this reason i do not know which one is better (Giardini,Fenice).

In your opinion which one is better?I am interested the paint to have quality in time(duration) because as i said you it is for watchstraps for daily use.After i paint the edges do you believe is better to use a little fiebing tan kote finish?As you suggest me if i buy Giardini i will buy the semi-dense version.About Fenice from whom do i buy it because you told me not to buy form Tandy.I am from Europe.I have read that Giardini is more quality.I want quality.Which one from the two has more qualiy?I pay attention to quality.

Thanks for your time.

Hello,

The quality difference between Fenice and Giardini is hard to determine. Your only option is to try them both and test it out over some time. I can't honestly pick one over the other. About your wish to use the tan kote finish, I suggest you test it on a sample to see if it produces the results you like. I don't think it's necessary but if you prefer to do so then you should try it out.

The reason why I advised against buying Fenice from Tandy is because it's diluted and high in price. Campbell Randall sells the better thicker version. On the other hand maybe you should test it out yourself to see if it's adequate for you. I personally thought it was great until I tried peeling it off and it came off. It's very low in viscosity.

So now the question is how much investment you are willing to make to try out different types of paints to see which one works best for you. I think you should get samples of Fenice from Tandy, Giardini and Fenice from Campbell R. to see which one you would prefer to use for your business. There's also Varnis 600 from www.mando.fr . I haven't tried that one yet but I plan to do so in the future.

Where in Europe are you?

Hello,

The quality difference between Fenice and Giardini is hard to determine. Your only option is to try them both and test it out over some time. I can't honestly pick one over the other. About your wish to use the tan kote finish, I suggest you test it on a sample to see if it produces the results you like. I don't think it's necessary but if you prefer to do so then you should try it out.

The reason why I advised against buying Fenice from Tandy is because it's diluted and high in price. Campbell Randall sells the better thicker version. On the other hand maybe you should test it out yourself to see if it's adequate for you. I personally thought it was great until I tried peeling it off and it came off. It's very low in viscosity.

So now the question is how much investment you are willing to make to try out different types of paints to see which one works best for you. I think you should get samples of Fenice from Tandy, Giardini and Fenice from Campbell R. to see which one you would prefer to use for your business. There's also Varnis 600 from www.mando.fr . I haven't tried that one yet but I plan to do so in the future.

Where in Europe are you?

i will send you pm. thanks.