robb01

How Do I Finish This Purse?

After much insistence, I started making my apprentice (daughter) a purse. I'm not working from a template (probably pretty obvious). I've come to a sort of roadblock. I'm going to try and make a piece for the top, the same width as the gussett that has a zipper in in it. I'm just not sure how to sew it to the top of the purse.

I'm thinking I'll make a line of holes like usual, then sew around the top 3 sides like I did for the rest of the bag, but I won't have access under the back edge at the top. Just not sure how to do this. Thoughts?

post-54851-0-33822100-1443143573_thumb.j

Turning it wrong side out and sewing after the zipper is in should work. Never tried it though.

Turning it wrong side out and sewing after the zipper is in should work. Never tried it though.

I guess that might work, didn't know if I'd have enough room to maneuver, the top width is 7" and the zipper is going to be 6". There may be room

Maybe somebody else will have a better ideal that has made a purse or purses, but that's the only way i see of doing it.

do the zipper like you would for a roper wallet, cut a piece the size you need and then cut out section just for the zipper area. From what I have seen measure the length for the zipper, at each end punch a maybe 1/2", 1" hole and cut a line from both sides of each circle then sew in the zipper in that opening, then you should have enough material to stitch