Sign in to follow this  
Kowboyboots

2008 NFR Rodeo

My mom has me make these each yr for our friends & family so it is easier to keep track of whats going on & who is winnin.

If you want to down load them or have me direct mail them to you, the pleasure is mine.

Enjoy the rodeo!

Kathy

NFR Score Timer Sheets

Thanks Kathy,

One of the few sporting events I follow pretty closely. We are not going this year, and can tivo and not worry about catching a cab or the shuttle. However, it also means no dinner at the Prime Rib Loft at the Orleans, steak at Binion's, and Wylie and the Wild West are playing a dance every night this year. :guitar:

With all the talent on the forum here, I am sure some have contestant or another that is packing someone's makings. Let us know who and what. Some pretty cool headstalls on the calf horses....

This is the first year in several I don't have a calf roper in that is packing one of my rope cans. One of the Miss Rodeo America contestants had me make a scrap book cover for her at the last minute, but I see we didn't hit the top four. Good to see Bryce Miller get a big check to start it off. I haven't done anything for him, but he and his traveling partners spent an afternoon shooting hoops a few years ago. I patched up one of their bronc saddles to get them through October and trying to make the finals that year. I think we still have the basketball they all signed for my son.

The chaps are really neat, and they had a contest for best queen's chaps. I hope this link works, these are cool! Queen's chaps edit - yep it works, but you need to scroll down, it is worth it to see them.

On a down note, Wrangler changed up their ads this year. One of the belts I made for a wholesale deal had been front and center in their TV ads for a few years. I do like the new ads - "long live cowboys"....

I have flanks and halters there. JS rodeo's Black Market and Black Knight will be sporting them. Apparently there's a pair of my chaps in a Montana Silversmith's add in the NHSRA Times. I'm also waiting on a call back from Clay Lanham for his new chap order.

The NFR is about the only T.V. that I must see at all costs. I hope to be there in person next year, just couldn't make it this year with so many orders to get done. I have some of my work at the cowboy christmas on some cowboy hats.

Thanks for the score sheets! :cowboy:

Casey

Hey you people, while I have always liked and been interested in leather, plus always have loved horses. When I was a young chap my uncle used too have horses and ponies all the time, so in exchange for helping feed, water, curry, wash, etc., I could ride them all I wanted. Since joining Leatherworker.net, Bruce, Keith S. and the rest of you saddle and other things horse makers, have really corrupted me into really paying attention to the details and such on saddles and headstalls. Well to the point last night I was up at 2.30 a.m. until after 5 a.m. watching the NFR, and like Bruce said they had some bad to the bone headstalls on the cow horses. headers, Heelers, and bulldoggers. Makes me mad to think about all the good stuff I missed until lately. Anyway wishing everyone a good evening and any that can will enjoy watching the rodeo. Billy P

In 2002 I came up with the idea of doing bronze & resin cowboy boots, thus my name "kowboyboots".

I commissioned Con Williams to do 4" tall cowboy waxes for me representing the boots each of the 2001 world champions.

Through the help of many friends & my folks I was able to get contracts with all but Speed & Rich, who were in a endorsement conflict an couldn't sign any other contracts at that time.

My mom & dad are very well known in the rodeo world. Dad was a top roper and mom is still a top timer. I am a has been, LOL.

I made the bronzes of the boots with the cowboys signatures on them an on the side was a small spot for their picture. The PRCA allowed me to use their logo also. Resin boot was made for a great lower price gift for the kids. Here is a Picture of the boots used for another award I just did a few weeks ago.

Well they didn't sell very good, even when the fellas were in my booth signing them, luckily I had a ton of stuff I regularly did also and made good money. It was fun though, maybe a little to much fun. I didn't come home with much money!

I did have one darling lady come in one day an picked up a whole lot of my Billy Etbauer boots. I kind of laughed an ask her if she was a Billy fan? She said no she was a billy mom. She was so sweet I gave her everything she had picked up. His mom is as sweet as he is. He was my very favorite cowboy to deal with.

But the highlight of the whole week was my mom & dad celebrated their 50th wedding Anniversary while we were there, my little brother got married an I had my booth. First time we were all in Vegas at the finals at the same time. We got great family pictures then my dad passed away shortly after that. We would have never had those pictures otherwise.

I did it again in 2003 & 2004, but decided it was cheaper to send my stuff with some one else, that way I didn't spend all the profits an trust me paying someone a commission is way cheaper then me playing in Vegas for 10 day, lolol.

Bruce who has been packin your rope cans, which by the way again they are so beautiful?

Here is a box I did for Trevor & Jada last yr when they had their baby. I took a lot of Trevors pictures & decoupaged them on the inside. Then I lasered their brands, Treston's name & birth date on it. My pictures didn't turn out very well but the box was beautiful.

Kathy

JS rodeo's Black Market and Black Knight will be sporting them.

I see Billy drew Black Knight tonight. I sure didn't think he made the buzzer, but he did. GO BILLY!