Sign in to follow this  
TwinOaks

Rubber Cement as a resist

Has anyone tried or succesfully used rubber cement as a resist when spraying a finish?

Edited by TwinOaks

Has anyone tried or succesfully used rubber cement as a resist when spraying a finish?

I haven't used rubber cement as a resist, but I have used liquid latex when using all-in-one to block certain areas in order to use a hi-liter after I've removed the dried latex. A spray, such as neatlac or perhaps saddlelac or supershene would probably work also, but just make sure:

it's fully dry, and

try to avoid getting any of the spray up under the edges of the border area of where the resist begins... if it creeps underneath & you are going to apply something like a hi-liter after, it'll be splotchy.

russ

Specifically, I've carved some horse portraits on a clutch purse, and will dye them the appropriate colors. I also want to dye the rest of the purse using an airbrush. That's why I was wondering if anyone had tried it. I think I'm about to head out to the shop with some scraps and a bottle of glue and give it a shot....no pun intended.