Sign in to follow this  
rawhide1

Help!!!

My pfaff 1245 wont pickup the bobbin thread. I got my thread today and started practicing sewing. It sewed great for 4 to 5 feet. I then started sewing something about half as thick and it sewed maybe 6 inches. The thing just started not picking up the bottom thread. I never heard any noise or nothing it just quit picking up the thread. I changed needles and re threaded and still nothing. When I removed the plate to watch the needle go down it looks like the hook thingy is just missing the thread. I have the owners manual thanks to Greg Gomersall but I don't see anything in there on fixing this problem or adjusting the timing. Any ideas on what I need to do to fix this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Mike, I have the same machine, I'm guessing yours has done what mine has several times, if you'll tilt over your head and look under, I believe you will recognize there is a safety mechanism that has jumped time. The spring loaded dog, my poor terminology, must be rotated until it drops in a groove. The little dog drives the bobbin, and I think it is out of time. Also when this happens, you'll have to release a small pin thats holding the little lever up. Mine did it several times till I took the bobbin holder out and found thread wound under the bobbin case making it bind up. I know I've made it sound worse than it is, its a quick fix.

Earl

That was it!!!!! Thanks a bunch!! I didn't take the bobin holder out yet as I dont want to press my luck and it hasn't done it again yet. Thanks again.

Mike