Western Bling Bling

Can Anybody Help Me Identify Type Of Braid

I have been asked to make a belt that has a rawhide braid in between the scallops of the belt. I have researched and researched and am unable to figure out how to do the braid. I would be so grateful for help in figuring this out.

post-67286-0-76198900-1447613683_thumb.j

post-67286-0-59631100-1447613728_thumb.j

I have done very little braid work so not real wise on the subject.

Thank you.

Edited by Western Bling Bling

There are some really good youtube videos out there - but you need to know what you're searching for for that to work! Bruce Grant's "How to Make Cowboy Horse Gear" is a really good book. I've got a couple of other good ones, but can't remember the titles or authors right now and I'm not at home so can't look it up. I'll let you know once I find them!

This is one for a Mexican Braid, which is what yours looks like, except that the back on yours looks like it was laid down in one direction and then braided back up. (I haven't tried posting a video here before so hopefully this works!)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gplKln4aA8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>