apelsinskal

Fringe (Or Tassel) Ending

Hi all! I am going to make a four strand round braid (show leash) that I want to finish with a tassel - or fringe - don't know what it is called.

Which knot would be the best suitable? I don't want it to be large, just to secure the braiding and also the core.

The leash will end with a bead and after the bead the "tassel"

Attaching a couple of images - these are the kind of leashes I have today and now I am used to not having a loop :)

One of the leashes (actually the first one on the photo) I have is several years old so it seems also it's a functional solution. My dogs didn't like the chain so I have replaced with a nylon cord.

Another question - what kind of knot do you use for securing beads?

I recently got the book "Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding" but as a newbie it is easier to have a discussion about why and what.

3 mm roo lace is ordered from Australia, just waiting for shipment ;)

So my plan is to begin with an O-ring and end with a tassel.

post-66857-0-12214000-1447864182_thumb.j

post-66857-0-21697400-1447864183_thumb.j

Edited by apelsinskal

There are several tutorials at http://myriam.dakotabraiding.com

As far as the tassel, I think you could end the plaiting with a crown knot, Then, if needed, cover that with a turkshead or pineapple. If you want the knot to stay flat, check out the gaucho knots.

Thank you! I have a lot to learn. I think I might order some paracord for trial and error. A little bit cheaper than roo lace =)

No on to checking out different knots!

Just make sure you strip the core out of the paracord so that it lays flat. Of course, you CAN braid it with the core, but it'll lay and pull a bit differently than flat 'lace'.