OLDNSLOW

The Wait Is Finally Over For The 206Rb But

I even bought the new motor from Bob, and after installing it and dialing in the bobbin and thread etc etc, I found that is a slight problem with the motor at the lowest speed. due to thickness of the leather ( almost the max) that I can do with this set up there is some stalling and hesitation to start sewing especially in reverse. So will a pulley reduction set up help cure that problem? I went with what Bob recommended for needles and thread size and happy with the selection, it is just the hesitation on start up and reverse at lowest setting that is of concern.

Thanks to all who will chime in especially the Whiz.

as an addendum to the above, one issue that I noticed and only because I was looking for it was the walking foot. It is leaving the imprint in the leather so I would like to know if there viable options to cure this without having a negative impact on the machine. One option that I did read about here on this site done by another member here was to grind down the serrations then polish smooth. Is this a viable option that will work without any degradation to the operation of the machine. Thanks in advance for all options. And what sayeth you Whiz?

What serrations do you have on a Consew 206RB? It uses standard type 111 presser feet, most of which are totally smooth on the bottom. The feed dog on the 206RB always has teeth, used to grip and move the flesh side of the leather, or whatever material you have on the bottom.

Maybe I termed it wrong, it is not the serrations, the walking foot itself left the imprint on the leather, so is there any way to lighten that imprint and still move the leather along, I guess what I am asking is there a way to lighten up the impact of that impression and still have it move leather, it is late I just asked the same question twice my bad hope you can grasp what I am asking nighty nite.

you probably want to get a reducing pulley setup... costs 150 plus roughly. This will give you more power at slow speeds. And there is an adjustment for the presser foot pressure... just not sure where it is on your machine but I am sure others will chime in

I think I know where it might be now that you mention it I'll have to go back out and take a look, thanks for mentioning it.

There's a hole behind the spool pin on top that you put a screwdriver in to turn the screw to the left to loosen the foot pressure.If you loo on the back of the machine you can see the flat spring & where the screw pushes in the middle.

my experience on my Consew 206 rb5,

sometimes the foot leaves a foot print regardless of how I adjust pressure. can rub a lot of that out.

I have got the habit to use the hand wheel give the machine a kick start after stopping. sews great

what RB model do you have?

I have the 206rb, I believe it to be one of the 1st generation 206's

I have the 206rb, I believe it to be one of the 1st generation 206's

Is your machine gray?

Does it have lever reverse with the stitch length built in or a knob?

The 206 rb-1s were made in Japan and the newer models are made in China.

the machine is gray with the lever like you mentioned.