Singermania

Pearson / BUSMC / Pearson & Bennion No 4

HI All,     I'm hoping all those BUSMC / Pearson collectors or users might be able to assist me.   I'm a collector of not only the Pearsons but all heavy leather sewing machines with probably the biggest collection in the world that will one day be going to a museum, to that end I would like to get going a few of my more rare machines.

In particular I have a Pearson & Bennion  (1890 ish) No 4, this is the only one I've ever seen and took years to source.   Its the only needle and awl machine made by these makers and will sew 1' thick leather and was approx. twice the price of a no 6.  In the BUSMC catalogue they list one with a 14 or 15" arm, however mine has an 8" arm, just another example of how many machines are out there that are not listed.... or not listed in anything I can find.   Anyway the machine was converted to hold a leather embossing/punching tool and would have punched a pattern onto belts.   I need to find a shuttle block (maybe my spare no 6 will fit??) shuttle drive and shaft and some other bits, does anyone out there have a good photo of one of these machines beyond what is in the catalogue on the net???  My machine is shown below.

DSCN3643.JPG

Here is a no 2

DSCN3640.JPG

Here is a similar machine but slightly smaller to the no 6, sometimes  I call this a no 5, other times I think of it as a pre no 6, there are quite a few of them about.

DSCN3641.JPG

this is the first no 6... the Peason & Bennion, this machine differs slightly to the BUSMC no 6, it has smaller bearing..

DSCN3644.JPG

Here is a war time no 6 with no writing or raised lettering to keep in from prying eyes...

DSCN3645.JPG

and for a change of pace here are a pair of nice BUSMC Pilots....

DSCN3642.JPG

Sorry, I can't help you. Just wanted to say, WAUW! Realy nice.

Good luck finding parts for that machine.

thanks Sandy, hope you're doing well there..

There is a biggish BUSMC catalogue available online, would anyone have any others????  anything they could share to help with the models....