Sign in to follow this  
Grac1e

Saddle History

I am trying to find out the history on a saddle I recently purchased and have not had any luck with Google. Anyone that might be of help please let me know what you know about this saddle maker. The only information that I have from the man I bought it from is that it is an older hand made by a saddle maker in Hulett Wyoming. There is a makers mark on it in multiple location on the saddle that says "The Stockman Hulett Wyoming".

IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_1024.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by Grac1e
Wanted to ad more photos

Likely it was Carson Thomas. He owned the shop at one time. If you want to know maybe way more than you are asking - here is a link to the some history of that old shop -  http://bobcoronato.com/about-artist/  . Some older pictures and as it is today. I am a little biased, the current owner is a heck of an artist and we have several of his etchings, including the one he did of that shop as it was.  it is now a really nice museum and gallery.  

Bruce,

Thank you so much for the information you provided to me! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you responding to my post! I think it is a really beautiful saddle and that whoever made it, really took great pride in creating it! I hope the link you provided, helps me get the answers that I am seeking! 

Sincerely,

Kelly