Widget

Fiebing's Carnauba Creme Different?

Hey everyone, recently ran low on carnauba creme so I ordered a new bottle which came today.  It is branded with the newer style Fiebing's logo (my last bottle was the older style), and the creme seems totally different that what I was expecting.  The "old" creme I have always looked a bit ivory colored to me, this is more plain white, and the smell is different.  I always thought the old smelled slightly of clay or even play-doh, this new stuff just smells like chemical.  

You can see a sample of it rubbed in, left a few seconds, buffed back out on the scrap in the photo.  Plain is left, treated is right.  It has the same sheen as I'm used to but the finish feels more "waxy" (which I know is stupid since carnauba is a wax) but it feels more like candle wax that's been rubbed over an edge for instance.

So, all this to say, has anyone else experienced this?  Am I just nuts?  Did I just get a bum bottle?

IMG_3905.JPG.jpeg

Yeah, I ran into this same issue. Just recently got a bottle of this new "formulation." I have to say, it doesn't work as well as the last recipe and leaves a dullish, matte finish, instead of the satin gloss I'm used to.  Anyone know where to get the old stuff (or if they still make it)? or something similar/better?