TorqueMonster1

thread Thread THREAD- 92, 138, OR?? Please Advise

I had a post about a Pfaff 145 and whether it was a good choice.  Well, I bought it.  SO, now I'm hoping I can get some good feedback about what thread to use in it.  At this point I'm really only interested in making automotive upholstery or outdoor items like awnings or umbrellas etc. BUT mainly automotive upholstery.  I am under the impression that I should be using Polyester thread and not Nylon.  I'm also thinking I could get by with 92 thread BUT I might be better off if I go with 138.  Also, What is best for the top thread AND whats the best thread to come up from the hook and bobbin??  Please PLEASE advise me as to what I should go with AND WHY, I want to learn the science behind the decision so I can make the correct choice in the future.  Also, any links or sites you can send me to so I can learn more will be greatly appreciated. Also Please advise and explain which needle size I should be using and why.  If I Posted This Question In The Wrong Place PLEASE Forgive Me And Move It To The Correct Place.  Thank You, Mark

Edited by TorqueMonster1
adding more info