Sign in to follow this  
ConsewLeRoy

New member, first post, & back stitch question.

Hello everyone, long time lurker. 

Middle of last year, I bought a Consew 225 for cheap. Built a table for the machine. Learned on it. Built a custom motor for it. Then bought a Consew servo motor and fabricated a homemade ball bearing speed reducer. 

Bought a virtually like new Consew 255rb for cheap, sold my other machine. And I've been using it nightly.

I'm redoing the upholstery on my boat. My OCD works in my favor when it comes to my craftsmanship. I'm really happy how the few pieces I've done turned out. Being a fabricator all my life certainly helps too.

My question starts here.

The machine developed a strange back stitch issue. Along with the hook assembly sounding ( rough)  I found the needle bar was 2.5 mm higher then it should have been, ( I blame the needle I broke during one of my upholstery pieces) but the issue finally went away today when I adjusted the bobbin tension to be very little. My stitches are very nice, and my back stich stopped having the little loops when I'd hit the lever. The bobbin would spin about 1/3 to 1/2 a turn, and for a 5/6 stitches I'd lose top thread tension. I chased it for the last 2 weeks, tinkering here and there.

So anyway, that's my story. I've had more fixing jobs then creating. Just having fun while learning.