Sign in to follow this  
unicornwoman

Ron Edwards Books for sale

I have the following books by Ron Edwards here in the USA, ready to ship. All copies are new, but some have production imperfections/slight shipping damage, so are sold-as is.:

Volume 8: Homemade Leather Tools by Ron Edwards: Most basic tools can be readily made by practical people using these fully illustrated techniques. Make only one tool and the book pays for itself. Paperback. 20 pages, 87 drawings. US$15.00

Volume 10: Counterlining Stock Saddles by Ron Edwards: Originally part of Making a Stock Saddle but now a separate book on counterlining to add years to an Australian Stock Saddle’s life. Paperback. 20 pages, 35 drawings. US$15.00

Volume 18: Bridles Plaited & Plain by Ron Edwards A full-scale saddlery book about braiding bridles, but great reference for the scale-miniature artist. This book teaches how to plait an attractive bridle, a plain bridle without rings or buckles, and also a bushman's extended head bridle and a Barcoo bridle. Plus a section on making a permanent bridle from rope, a method used in the East. Paperback. 32 pages, 194 drawings. US$15.00

Volume 29: Simplified Turks-heads by Ron Edwards: Edwards had already written his book Turk’s-heads, when he realised that they took quite a time for the beginner to learn. He reasoned that there had to be an easier way to tie standard Turk’s-heads. It took some years before the startlingly obvious answer to the problem dawned on him, and this book is the result of this realisation. The whole of this book could be condensed down to the first three pages, for they are all that is needed to learn the method, the rest of the book consists only of examples to show how the method works for different sorts of knots. This method reduces the process down to a few rules that could be learned in a very short time. In addition to a slightly different method of learning Turks-head knots than that presented in Turks-heads, this book also shows how to do super wide knots with few parts and super long knots with few bights. Personally, I feel both are valuable books . Paperback. 28 pages, 196 drawings. US$15.00

Knots for Horse-lovers by Ron Edwards One of our most popular books for people interested in horses. Every horse lover should know a few basic knots, and this book presents all the ones you will probably ever need. It contains step by step instructions on how to tie 29 knots, plus full details on how to a Headstall with Fiador Knot, Rope Halter, Plaited Rope Halter, War Bridle, & Rope Bridle. It shows 2 types of splicing. Paperback. 235 drawings, 44 pages. US$15.00

Making a Stock Saddle by Ron Edwards: A full-scale saddlery book, but great reference for the scale-miniature artist wishing to make the AUSTRALIAN Stock Saddle. Also, included in the book is a history of the Australian Saddle's Development. Paperback, 120 pages, with 260 line drawings. US$30.00

The Mongolian Saddle book by Ron Edwards: A full-scale saddlery book about Mongolian Saddles, but great reference for the scale-miniature artist. Paperback. 44 pages with lots of line drawings. US$15.00

email me for shipping & payment options.

Volume 29: Simplified Turks-heads by Ron Edwards is sold, but if you still need one, I can order them in with my next order. :)

I just want to say THank You! Books got here quick, in good shape, and I'm extremely happy :)