usmc0341

Crossdraw for Ruger Blackhawk

Well I finally finished a holster I feel is worth posting. This is a crossdraw holster for my Dad's Ruger Blackhawk .357. Everything is stitched by hand, and this is the first holster I made with reinforced opening and retention strap. Interested to hear what you guys think!holster_014.JPG

post-4282-1202406648_thumb.jpg

Edited by usmc0341

Thats really nice workmanship, the stitching is great and the design is unique and original. The reenforced top I've never seen before. Well done. I like the design alot. Where the loop is you can wear high as possible, with the least amount of movement. The design I madeup sits lower because the "Belt Loop" is part of the body and folds over on the back and stitched down, making it difficult to achieve the angle you got this one on. However, it was for a 3" belt. Something you can't do with the belt loop style you have here.

Thanks for posting the really good work, keep it up and we look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

Bob

The stitching is amazing and I like the color, well done.

Well Done! Expect more well dones....

Thanks for the compliments guys, I've seen some excellent holsters on here and have learned alot. I've only been doing this since April, but I'm starting to feel like I'm gettin the hang of it. This holster was more of a challenge then ones previous, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I'm still learning things from the people on here every day I log on.

Outstanding job Marine!!!

Semper Fi

Randy

usmc0341 - Great looking holster, a really nice job. What are you using to stitch with? And what are you using on the applicator pad? Keep up the good work!

Very clean design and very well executed to boot. I for one am quite impressed. Keep it up!

jt1,

For stitching I'm just using waxed nylon thread from Tandy. The applicator pad is for brown shoe polish just to clean up the edges and darken the thread. Thank you guys for the compliments!

Brian

Nice job, and beautiful color! Keep building holsters and post some more pics.