SamS

Help…Sticky Leather Seats

Hello everyone, I need some help.  This has never happened to me before and I’m not sure how to fix it.  Some parts of the seats in my 30 year old car are now sticky. This is the first time it happened.  Both seats have sticky areas.  Nothing was spilt on them or sat on with dirty cloths.  I bought the car new 30 years ago and it only has 40K miles on it, not a daily driver.  I take care of the leather using Lexol Cleaner and conditioner every 2 or so years.  There are no cracks, discoloration or wear spots on the seats, but now parts are sticky. 

What I’ve done so far…

1. I tried cleaning with Lexol, no change.

2. I tried Fiebing deglazer on it. I had some when I re-dyed a leather steering wheel. It just made the leather stickier, even parts that weren’t and the charcoal gray dye started coming off.

3. I cleaned it again with Lexol which helped a little, but parts are still sticky.

I don’t know how to get rid of the sticky areas. I don’t think it’s from anything that was spilt/put on the leather. What happened? Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Sam