Sign in to follow this  
JustWakinUp

enlarging and reducing images

Wouldn't it be nice if you could enlarge your images over 1000% with no loss of image quality? How about taking a scanned postage stamp and turning it into a billboard? If you've never heard of anything like this take a look at a program called Genuine Fractals 5.

You can read all about it and purchase it from onOne Software.

For all you creative online folks i'm sure you can find it elsewhere.

Edited by JustWakinUp

That's interesting. With today's digital cameras, pictures are often taken in much larger sizes than necessary. I find I reduce more than I enlarge. (Hands up everybody that ever got a staggering 2 or 3 Mb pic from a well-meaning friend in an email?)

I use Irfanview (which is free) more often than Photoshop. The monkey is a Photoshop whiz, and modest. (He did our banner.)

Johanna

Monkey did the LEATHER WORKER banner with the leather tools in it?

Sweet.... I wondered what was used to make it....

I use Jasc Photo Shop.... and there is a DVD out there called PhotpShop Killer or something like that I am looking to get my hands on.... supposed to tesch everything there is to know about Photoshop....

Jasc Photo Shop

i used to use JASC paint shop pro...it's really close to photoshop and it was an extremely good primer for transfering to actual photoshop...alot of the functions are the same..

i'm not really THAT good with photoshop...but it's enjoyable enough to where i can fake it

I use Jasc Photo Shop.... and there is a DVD out there called PhotpShop Killer or something like that I am looking to get my hands on.... supposed to tesch everything there is to know about Photoshop....

I used to teach a few photoshop classes so if you guys ever have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

i used to use JASC paint shop pro...it's really close to photoshop and it was an extremely good primer for transfering to actual photoshop...alot of the functions are the same..

i'm not really THAT good with photoshop...but it's enjoyable enough to where i can fake it

Thats it... Paint Shop Pro....

There is also an animal out there called Gimp and it's free. It is really very good. Go here is you want to look it over:

http://www.gimp.org/

It is multi platform and comes as source, but good news, there are compiled windows versions and runtime and docs here:

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

Art

gimp is great....but it's got a severe learning curve....it's not as intuitive as it could be...but VERY effective and EXTREMELY functional