Sign in to follow this  
SCOUTER

A substitue POLY cutting mat?

I needed a larger cutting mat to cut some larger pieces of leather. I have seen mats online bit they were a bit pricey after shipping... Well, today I was at Staples and bought a "CHAIRMAT" for $36 bucks. It looks exactly like the smaller Poly cutting boards I now use. The size is 36" x 48" it is semi flexible and semi transparent. This mat is made for HARD FLOORS and don't have the carpet protrusions found on other mats. They also have a larger size available.

I'm sorry but I tried looking it up on the Staples website but it isn't listed. the maker is E.S Robbins and the model is Item# 672926.

I needed a larger cutting mat to cut some larger pieces of leather. I have seen mats online bit they were a bit pricey after shipping... Well, today I was at Staples and bought a "CHAIRMAT" for $36 bucks. It looks exactly like the smaller Poly cutting boards I now use. The size is 36" x 48" it is semi flexible and semi transparent. This mat is made for HARD FLOORS and don't have the carpet protrusions found on other mats. They also have a larger size available.

I'm sorry but I tried looking it up on the Staples website but it isn't listed. the maker is E.S Robbins and the model is Item# 672926.

For around that same price or$10 more you can get a .5" or .25" thick poly cutting board from U.S. Plastics, who doesn't stick you with high shipping charges.

Both great ideas!

Ed, when I first read yours, I thought you meant a small kitchen sized board... Then it hit me you were talking about the same size Scouter was. Now it suddenly made sense!

US Plastics is a cool place to wander around if you are ever in Lima OH. Never thought to ask them about big hunks of plastic!

Brent