I've been using 50/50 Resolene for a long time now as a finish. I'm getting low, and my local Tandy is totally out for who knows how long. So I looked for some Mop N Glow as described here, All I can find is the lemon scented cleaner/polish, which I read was not exactly what I wanted.

I also saw some posts about Pledge Finish and other generic acrylic floor waxes instead. So.. I picked up some acrylic floor finish from Home Depot today and did some coats of straight and 50/50 mix on some scrap.

also coated a scrap with 50/50 re and 100% res as a comparison.

The question is, how do I test it against resolene? Water drops? I did put a drop of water on each piece, watched it bead up a bit, and it did absorb slightly on both the resolenes and the substitute. Did some flex tests and got no cracks or flaking... Both polish up to about the same gloss.

What else can I do to test before I use it on customer's items?

Thanks

Bee's Natural RTC finish.

Hi King,

Not sure what you mean? How does that test it?

I can only assume you are saying to use that instead? Not familiar with it.

I am sorry. I would test your product on a piece of scrap leather by mimicing what you plan on doing on the real project. Dye, water, stain, paint, etc. The product I mentioned made as a resist. I stopped using Resolene a long time ago.