buckeroo1

Dating An Ol' Saddle Is Getting Easier!.

I am compiling a new book that I hope will be completed by late spring or early summer listing as many known saddlers as possible. I pretty much have the old saddlers of days gone by taken care of and listed. It is the CURRENT SADDLE MAKERS that are bogging me down! If you want to guarantee your being listed then PLEASE CONTACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE by contacting with the following information: Your name; Company name; Address; Phone number; Date business started; Specialties (if any). When this book is completed it will simplify the dating of any saddle with a 'Maker' stamp. I would also appreciate being notified of any saddle maker(s) that you may know of in your area. If I already have the maker's name....great!. If I don't have the name, you will be doing the maker a favor and insure that their name is listed. Thanks again for any and all assistance.

Hi new to this forum how does one get you this information? You have an email are just post on here Thanks

I am compiling a new book that I hope will be completed by late spring or early summer listing as many known saddlers as possible. I pretty much have the old saddlers of days gone by taken care of and listed. It is the CURRENT SADDLE MAKERS that are bogging me down! If you want to guarantee your being listed then PLEASE CONTACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE by contacting with the following information: Your name; Company name; Address; Phone number; Date business started; Specialties (if any). When this book is completed it will simplify the dating of any saddle with a 'Maker' stamp. I would also appreciate being notified of any saddle maker(s) that you may know of in your area. If I already have the maker's name....great!. If I don't have the name, you will be doing the maker a favor and insure that their name is listed. Thanks again for any and all assistance.

If you click the envelope icon below a member's name, you can send them a private message, or you can respond here.

I do not know who this author is. I know that Sharon Myers from the Old West Museum is working on a book of saddle maker stamps, past and present, and Alain Eon has just released a book detailing the restoration of older saddles. Collecting all the saddlers' names and addresses, past and present, is a formidible task, so please help Sharon if you can. Check out the leatherworker directory for names and contact info of current saddlemakers.

Hope this helps.

Johanna