King's X

A Website On Leather Craft

This site maybe new to most of you, but I just learned of it on my facebook site by one of my Canadian friends. I checked it out and wow....the information is good for any crafter. Enjoy!

www.leathercraftlibrary.com

Thanks, Sam, I saw the same post and was amazed to see Doodle Pages for sale as downloadable pdfs. Tandy Leather Factory has put together a nice leathercraft library here, and you can pay to join and view videos.

:thumbsup:

Johanna

I am just getting ready to help our one of new forum members who was inquiring about hand stitching. Since she lives probably nowhere near a Tandy store, the book is available on this site.

good site, video subscription is a bit high but a lot of vintage patterns on it for sale..... a few are free .....lots of e-books for sale too

I subscribed to the videos and so far we have watched about 20 of them and already we have picked up several tips that are worth hundreds of times the $20. I am basing that on the fact that certain little tips are shown and demonstrated that just don't come across in books and we would have likely spent dozens of hours discovering them on our own. I also have the Stohlman book on making cases and despite being a cue case maker for 20 years I still found a few gems in there which we can use in our case making.

All in all an EXCELLENT resource with very fair and reasonable prices. I think that perhaps they should have a tiered pricing structure on the videos, maybe $20 for the first month where most people will consume the most and then $5 a month after that. Or perhaps an a'la carte menu where you can buy access to just the videos you want in addition to the all-you-can-eat choice.

I agree John, it is A LOT of videos to watch in just a month.

I made thos questions to the library but they dont answer..

These videos are downlable or we can watch only on the site ?

I agree John, it is A LOT of videos to watch in just a month.

I made thos questions to the library but they dont answer..

These videos are downlable or we can watch only on the site ?

Anything that is shown on your screen can be saved to your hard drive. Search Google for how to download streaming video or how to download from YouTube and you will find a bunch of solutions. Firefox has a bunch of add-ons/extensions that allow this as well. I don't know what would work for the Leather Library's method of delivery but certainly there is something that would work.

Also I think some of the videos are or were available on Tandy's youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TandyLeatherFactory Although I just peeked and I don't see many titles overlapping so probably Tandy is taking down the ones which were available for free. I don't see them directing people towards the LeatherCraft Library site though. Also youtube now has the ability to rent videos so maybe they will put some of them back up and make them available that way on a 99cts per basis or something like that.

Edited by JohnBarton