Sign in to follow this  
particle

Boss - Stitch Paper?

Okay - odd question, but my wife is making prayer journals for the women in her bible study. She wants to make them unique, hand crafted, etc. She was asking me for ideas on how she could bind it - and I got to thinking about sewing the book together with my Tippmann Boss. The overall thickness would probably only be 1/4" thick. Obviously the Boss will sew 3/4" of leather, but how will it handle 1/4" of a (much more) dense stack of paper? I figured I'd use a leather needle to help penetrate the stack.

Is this inadvisable? Will it damage my Boss? Or can it handle it without a sweat?

Okay - odd question, but my wife is making prayer journals for the women in her bible study. She wants to make them unique, hand crafted, etc. She was asking me for ideas on how she could bind it - and I got to thinking about sewing the book together with my Tippmann Boss. The overall thickness would probably only be 1/4" thick. Obviously the Boss will sew 3/4" of leather, but how will it handle 1/4" of a (much more) dense stack of paper? I figured I'd use a leather needle to help penetrate the stack.

Is this inadvisable? Will it damage my Boss? Or can it handle it without a sweat?

Best thing would be to call Tippmann directly. Toll free # & they're very helpful. And they don't bite! Just remember, they build the machines- they're the source. Go directly to the source!

The Boss can handle it without a sweat or damage that is not that much to punch through. I'd guess that the quality of the outcome would have a lot to do with the quality of the paper. I would guess that you would need to back off your bobbin and upper thread tension and add more presser foot pressure. Cut some sheets of paper into fourths and make a test stack and give it a whirl. Let us know the results.