landy

29-4 Singer Patching Machine

I have been using this machine for about 2 years with out to many problems it stopped picking up the bobbin while ssewing unless you are sewing fast it starts off just punching holes and when you tredle faster it will pick up the bobbin and go to sewing for a while the its all over again. I have tried everything I know of same thread I have always used same needle ( I put in a new one and I have it turned correctly) no thread is bunching up the upper and lower just lay there unless I speed up. This is a 29-4 tredle machine no electric motor. I dont know what else to try. Also thread is not hanging up anywhere.Can anyone help me................Landy

There's a few different things it could be,the most common is the screw loosens on the gear that is under the shuttle,ou get to it b the back slot where the square gear comes out on the arm.ou need to shine a light in there whie turning the machine around to see it.It takes a small screwdriver.