HighDesert

Final Seat fitting

Hi All,

I working on my fourth saddle and I have difficulty getting the rear seat buttons at the base of the cantle cut correctly. I normally wind up with the buttons cut to low and can't get them pulled up and back on the bars properlty. Does anyone have any tips/tricks they are willing to share?

Thanks,

Allan

I have the same problems, found it helped to move the conchos forward a bit.

Highdesert,

Assuming that you start by fitting around your cantle, and you cut your cantle corner approx 3/4 " up the cantle edge, and that you have cut the front of the seat into the handhole in front of the ground seat, (this is a lot of assumptions,) stretch your seat into the saddle. Then release the tension on your draw down strap a bit, and spike the ears of the seat back up toward the cantle. They need to go up about 3/4" and back about 1/4". Then draw the seat back into place and smooth out any bumps. Then finish cutting around the front.

The ear cut should be about 1/2" from the edge of the cantle.

Hope this is helpful. If you need more help, just ask. Your problem could be more involved than a short and simple answer.

Keith

Highdesert,

Assuming that you start by fitting around your cantle, and you cut your cantle corner approx 3/4 " up the cantle edge, and that you have cut the front of the seat into the handhole in front of the ground seat, (this is a lot of assumptions,) stretch your seat into the saddle. Then release the tension on your draw down strap a bit, and spike the ears of the seat back up toward the cantle. They need to go up about 3/4" and back about 1/4". Then draw the seat back into place and smooth out any bumps. Then finish cutting around the front.

The ear cut should be about 1/2" from the edge of the cantle.

Hope this is helpful. If you need more help, just ask. Your problem could be more involved than a short and simple answer.

Keith

Thanks Keith,

I think what I was doing was cutting the notch for the cantle too low. I'll move it back abit and see if that helps me in pulling the ears back into place.

Allan