Sign in to follow this  
cgleather

F K Russell Stamps

Just added these to my collection today. These were once owned by Chas E Collins a saddle maker here in Arizona. Mr. Collins was born in Texas in 1879 and moved to Arizona when he was 15. He worked for many of the large Saddle shops before opening his own shop in 1914. His shop remained open until 1956. Mr Collins passed away in 1962.

post-9374-096820300 1319343524_thumb.jpg

post-9374-025203800 1319343531_thumb.jpg

post-9374-054853700 1319343537_thumb.jpg

Way cool!!! I sit on Charles Collinsstitching horse when I hand sew. Mine is a saddler's horse and not the more common harness stitching horse. He had a lot of colorful history.

Way cool!!! I sit on Charles Collinsstitching horse when I hand sew. Mine is a saddler's horse and not the more common harness stitching horse. He had a lot of colorful history.

Yes he did. I wish I could have met him. Some of my Chap pattrens were taken off of old pattrens of his that a friend of mine still has. They are made out of paper more like file folder stock. that leather ws shipped in, one had a way bill dated 1916 on it.

Very nice stamps! Good find and great addition to any tool collection.