Sign in to follow this  
MADMAX22

rifle sling first round

Well thaks a bunch to Dave (DCknives) for his help with answering a bunch of my questions.

Finally finished my first sling. Its 6oz (should of used heavier, will next time) dyed dk brown and british tan on the stamped portion. Oiled, then tan kote and finally a little wax. The strap is also the same leather dyed, gum tag the back and slicked it to make it smooth.

I put a 1/4" neoprene under the sued in the body. Normally I would just cover that portion with the sued but I was trying to rienforce the leather a bit so ended up doing alot more stitching then I had hoped for. Thats allright need the practice. Next time Ill just cover the padding and call it a day.

Theres only one big issue (besides I suck at stamping, cant keep them lined up) is that the strap I keep getting crocking of the dye. Im gonna buff it again and throw a little more wax on there. Im not used to using full strength dye I usually dilute it and dont have as much of a problem however the colors arent allways as nice when they are deluted.

Ahh well. As allways critiques welcom.

front_resized.JPG

resized_back.JPG

close_up_resized.JPG

post-5781-1231121005_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1231121018_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1231121165_thumb.jpg