Buddahcjcc

Made Bracer, Leather Starting To Crack On A Bend -.-

I wet the leather before bending it, everything I did with the other bracer, but this one is starting to crack. I put a light coating of olive oil all over it hoping it will stall any more from appearing.

QvGnXYh.jpg

QUSV0yJ.jpg

ARRRG -.-

how do I fix it O.o

Edited by Buddahcjcc

Is the crack all the way through or just on the surface. Was this piece baked or just dyed and wet molded? Did you oil imediately after dying? Have you sealed it yet with anything or is it just dyed? The first thing I would do is get a good leather conditioner such as Skidmores leather cream Dr. Jacksons, Aussie cream etc. Give a couple of good rubbings let it soak in 24 hours between each treatment. When did you apply the oil it won't hurt to do another coat of oil let it soak in. It take a while to spread out and be absorbed into the leather. When you dye and or wet mold you are taking nutrients away from the leather you always need to get the nutrient back in to keep the leather from drying and cracking. Each piece of leather behaves differently even sometimes from the same side of leather. I would do the treatment to both bracers. Even though the other onehas not cracked you don't want to take a chance and it needs nutrients also. as for how to deal with the crack it depends on how deep the crack is. Worse case is that you have to make a replacement. Since you now have some clue as to what you are doing you will be able to make it quicker and better. ANswer my questionsabove and I will be able to give you some ideas how might beable to do a repair.

Just on the surface, its very small, I thought it was a scratch at first It was dyed and molded wet. Its just dyed, I oiled it today with olive oil, havent sealed it yet.