NadineS

Singer 29K58 Marking The Leather

Finaly I have it working now, but it makes a long mark beside the stitches. I hope anyone can help me with a solution, maybe a other foot. I love this machine and the stitches look nice. I want to stitch bike seats with it.

post-46200-0-97981500-1409294623_thumb.j

Goede dag Nadine - Maybe you can try to put a piece of shrinking hose on the foot, if you know what I mean. But since the machine has top feed only if may effect the feeding. Maybe you can reduce the foot pressure a little bit.

I also have used heat shrink tubing, masking tape and once I had an extra foot, a grinder. If I have something that needs real precision, I mark the stitches with a pricking wheel and lighten the pressure and hand feed it.

It is a fine line between marking the leather and proper feed.

The heat shrink tube - used for electrical connections - is a good solution.

Nadine

Of course the leather will be marked by the foot it is a boot patcher which relies on the ribbed foot to grip and pull the leather through so the next stitch can take place. Smooth bottom plate and no feed dog present. The lines that are showing I suspect are from a faulty or broken foot or a foot that has too much downward pressure applied. Take the foot off and have a good look at it underneath to see if its damaged.

I suggest that you invest in a (Flat bed leather machine) with walking foot capability and that will sew very nicely anything that you need. A boot patcher is for fixing boots hence the very narrow arm.

Cheers Trevor

"Way Down Under"

The patcher always has a place in the leather shop so never get rid of it.

Thanks all for the reply's. It is a great machine and I never get rid of it. I will try the heat shrinking tube first.