Jeff L

Would Like Some Info On Tech Sew 3650Hd

I currently sew by hand doing mostly holsters and such...But it's getting old. Would this machine work well for this and who are the American dealers for these? Also any reviews would be great too. Thanks.

The Techsew 3650 HD isn't really a holster machine. I have one and it's very hard to get into tight places.

An American dealer for this type of machine would be:

http://www.tolindsewmach.com/cb2500.html

A better choice would be:

http://www.tolindsewmach.com/cb4500.html Alltho I have never used one of these machines if I were going back into holsters I'd go for the Cowboy 4500.

The 3650 is better suited for belts and the like. I had to lighten up the presser foot spring to minumize the feed dog tracks on belts.

The Tippmann Boss is a good holster machine but not worth a flip for belts.

Hi Jeff,

Techsew 3650 HD is a bottom feed machine, the Cowboy 2500 is the same machine, sews up to 1/2 inch with heavy thread. (The bottom feed leaves teeth marks underneath wegtan leather) The 4500 is a 441 clone with triple feed, claims to sews up to 7/8 inch leather. Because of the triple feed you can attach a holster needle plate and sew in those hard to reach places without leaving teeth marks on your leather. Such attachment are not available for the 3650 HD or CB 2500 ( because of the bottom feed only) The CB 4500 (and other 441 clones) will handle heavy threads up to Tex 450 to 500

Tor

Thanks Trox, for the info on "bottom feed"... I did not know that...That won't work at all then I do quite a few ambidextrous holsters and messing up a back side even on a one handed holster is unacceptable... Good info here!

Thank you,

a triple feed have bottom, top and needle feed. With a triple feed heavy stitcher with a holster or harness plate attached, the bottom feed (feed dog) is disconnected.

With smooth leather feet's (top feed), the needle takes care of most of the feeding. The only marks on the bottom side will be small push outs from the needle, using a leather needle it will be minimal. Any remaining`s will disappear when you hammer the seam to set the stitches.

A set up with a leather plate (a smooth plate) and a smooth feed dog will also leave minimal marks on the bottom side.

Tor