Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

which models of dummy guns for the more popular guns?

I need some advise and thoughts on an idea I have. First is as I am just starting out, which models of dummy guns should be purchased that will cover the more popular guns? I have very limited funds so I want to avoid buying items that I may only use a couple of times, I plan on buying 5 to start with. Second is an idea I am toying with, will an apple/grape screw type press work for moulding? my thoughts are to mount some type of flexible material on the top and bottom plates so when the screw mechanism is tightened down it would mould around whatever is between them. thanks Jordan

My first holster was for my bersa, I used my wifes food saver, it worked but left little diamond impressions on the leather, plus she was not to pleased to find her machine in the garage. LOL

Hi Jordan,

I would get molds for the 1911s in full size( 5" ) and commander size ( 4.25" ). This will give you a very large customer base to work with; as these are the most popular handguns in the last 75 years. The S&W M&P and the Spingfield XD series handguns are also very popular now days. You will also want some Glock molds but I'm not a Glock guy so can't give you any specific models to look for. I have been very happy with Rings blue guns, have two 1911 molds that are great. Do a Google search on Rings blue guns and you will turn up pages of places to buy them.

Drop in to you local gun shops and find out what's popular in your area. Also let them know you are making holsters and see if there is any interest from them on stocking some that you make!!

John

Edited by gunfighter48

Thanks, that gives me a starting point, I am putting together my business plan now so alot of reasearch on my part, found a place for rings blue or black for $34 each. I live close to an Air Base so I imagine there is some business there for beretta's, and it would seem that the police favor glocks, not to mention the huge market the internet seems to offer. All in all I think it will be an interesting and enjoyable process, perhaps I will be self employed at last!