HARVEY

Anybody Got a Sense of Humor (or Pathos)?

So this past Saturday I rec'd my postcard announcement for the Feb. 2010 SouthWest LeatherWorkers Show in Wickenburg. To anybody who's ever attended, you know it's generally a good time even if the classes scheduled are less than 100% organized in advance. Based on the LeatherCrafters Journal sponsorship of the show, I have some suggestions for new classes. But even I, alas, cannot come up with all the classes the public might like to have offered. (Yes, there's no satisfying the public). here are the classes I can think of.

1) Carving Successful Covers for the LCSJ; 2) Writing Inspiring Articles for the LCSJ; 3) All You Ever Wanted to Know About Sewing Machines, from A-to-B; 4) Designing Your Own Floral Patterns the Ray Charles Way; 5) Successful Restoration of Porter Key Fobs; 6) The 9-1-1 Method of Using Splitters and Head Knives; 7) Visalia Style Kleenex Boxes.

Pray tell, what classes am I overlooking?

Harvey

Los Angeles

Hey Harvey,

To Dave's credit, he seems to have listened to those of us that have been begging and pleading to have a class schedule out more than a week or two before the show. At least now, people have a chance for a little advance planning. I did see a few classes that might appeal to people interested in something different from the same old same old. I got a little bit of sticker shock when I saw what they are charging though. I guess along with being able to plan in advance, people will also have a little time to start saving up their pennies if they want to take the classes.

For anyone interested in attending the Wickenburg show, you can get all the info here

Hey Harvey,

To Dave's credit, he seems to have listened to those of us that have been begging and pleading to have a class schedule out more than a week or two before the show. At least now, people have a chance for a little advance planning. I did see a few classes that might appeal to people interested in something different from the same old same old. I got a little bit of sticker shock when I saw what they are charging though. I guess along with being able to plan in advance, people will also have a little time to start saving up their pennies if they want to take the classes.

For anyone interested in attending the Wickenburg show, you can get all the info here

Hi, Clay.

It's good to know he listened; the shame of it is the begging and pleading part. A LOT of us have suggested things over the years now that Bill Reis turned over the keys to Dave, seemingly always to deaf ears. There's a LOT of frustration out there in LCSJ-land. The LCSJ is a magazine that could be lot better. You know the saying, Clay: you don't have to be sick to get better. Did you see the most recent cover? I'm not sure figure-carving is Jesse's forte, and speaking just for myself, I don't believe that particular carving was cover-quality work. One friend said the pictured cowpuncher looked like Hermann Munster with a squashed hat.

Oh, well . . .

Just last night I saw the on-line classes last. Right you are: OUCH!, some of those classes are pricey. I may instead save my $$$ for the tools and the restaurant reverie afterwards!

Harvey