TwinOaks

looking for english tack supplies

I'm looking for a supplier for English tack hardware. Particularly the part that goes on the end of the rein. As you can tell, I'm a little new to the tack making aspect of leatherwork, so I don't really know the name of it. It is the piece that is where you'd find snap links on western reins.

Mike

Hi Mike,

The rein attaches to the bit, bradoon, curb, or whatever by a folded over rein end that secures with a buckle or a hook stud or English Bridle Hook. Buckles are more secure and worn on the outside and Hook Studs or Bridle Hooks are fastened on the inside usually with two boxed loops (keepers), they are less secure but look better and are commonly used for that reason. You can get Bridle hooks and buckles from Weaver.

Contact Linda Williams, she has forgotten more about this than I will ever know.

WINDMILL ENGLISH SADDLE SUPPLY

7186 DEWEY ROAD

THOMPSON, OH 44086

1-440-298-3018

Art

I'm looking for a supplier for English tack hardware. Particularly the part that goes on the end of the rein. As you can tell, I'm a little new to the tack making aspect of leatherwork, so I don't really know the name of it. It is the piece that is where you'd find snap links on western reins.

Mike

Mike,

I have some English rein/bridle hooks that I will never use - would you like me to stick them in a jiffy bag and send them along? T'would be a pleasure. Send me a PM with your contact details if you would like them - I guess there may be enough for ten sets of reins.

Ray Hatley

Absolutely!! I've sent a PM to you Ray.

Just want to confirm that these are what you are looking for, Mike:

hooks.jpg

post-6314-1210322682_thumb.jpg

Yes, Ray, those are ones.