Sign in to follow this  
Missing Strap

Clear Window Material For Smart Phone Case

I am wanting to make some cases for Iphone and Ipod touch's. I plan on stitching in clear window material. I wanted to know if anyone knows or would recommend what to use or where to get it. My first thought is to go to an office supply and get a report cover, but I am not sure it would hold up to stitching?

Thanks in advance

Missing strap

if report covers are those plastic bags to put documents in, it could work as long as you find a thick one.

I used a report cover for my wallet. I wanted a window, where my train ticket is in, because that is checked so often here in germany. Since i have a long time ticket (i can drive half a year with one ticket), i changed it only 3 or 4 times since i have the wallet, so the material wasn't stressed very much. But it holds very well until now.

Things to consider: Glue the stuff to your case before stitching. Let enoug room between your stitching line and the edge of the window material. Don't make the stitches to small and use a thick thread, so the holes wont ripp fast.

Hope that helps.

Jonathan