Sign in to follow this  
mrappe

Awl Blades For Hand Stiching

I have had an awl that I had bought from Tandy about 15 yrs ago it is a diamond shape and I was looking for another one at Tandy and it seems like all of the ones that they have now are different. Even though they are describe as being diamond awls they are rounded and flattened rather than a true diamond shape. I dont like them as well because of the type hole that they make. Where can I find a good quality diamond shaped awl ?

Bob Douglas has the best Awls I know of. Find them here: http://leatherworker.net/pmd/sheridan-leather-outfitters-prm.html

ferg

I have had an awl that I had bought from Tandy about 15 yrs ago it is a diamond shape and I was looking for another one at Tandy and it seems like all of the ones that they have now are different. Even though they are describe as being diamond awls they are rounded and flattened rather than a true diamond shape. I dont like them as well because of the type hole that they make. Where can I find a good quality diamond shaped awl ?