Sign in to follow this  
chancey77

The Clem-Caster Tele Pickguard Tag Team! Mike Smith And Chancey77!

So I get a message from my buddy in Austin... He wants a Graffiti Telecaster Pickguard... Ok and he wants R= Roy Buchanan S=Steve Cropper T=Ted Greene (if you don't know any of these guys, hit youtube! So I think on it for 2 weeks and have this crazy idea that I really didn't think I could pull off... I mean I have never seen ANYTHING like it before.. So I send my partner in crime Mike Smith an email explaining this crazy idea... He LETS DO IT!!! So here we are today:) Mike carved the Sheridan and mailed it 4000 miles so I could make it look like a bunch of wild hood rats hate telecaster guitars:) hahahahaha well now where do I take my crazy ideas from here??? That was insane!!! Hahahaha please Forgive me Al Stohlman!!!

I Had a BLAST working with Mike on this one...we have some more wild plans up our sleeves!!!!!

Stay Tuned!

post-28433-0-71431200-1362608490_thumb.j

post-28433-0-22193800-1362608493_thumb.j

post-28433-0-46293500-1362608495_thumb.j

post-28433-0-98181600-1362608498_thumb.j

Is that 4th picture the same one?

No.

And thanks again Chris. It was a blast working with you on this one Looking forward to doing more in the near future!!

And thanks again Chris. It was a blast working with you on this one Looking forward to doing more in the near future!! And I looked again and the 4th one IS the same one!!

And I looked again and the 4th one IS the same one!!

Ah, you see why it had me confused then :)

Yes it is the same :) I base coated silver, white gold,red then silver and white for the last coat:) so after heavy use in years to come the pick will dig thought the colors revealing layer by layer and add more and more depth and patina ...

I didn't think of that excuse.....LOL

Yes it is the same :) I base coated silver, white gold,red then silver and white for the last coat:) so after heavy use in years to come the pick will dig thought the colors revealing layer by layer and add more and more depth and patina ...

Yeah, I figured it was probably a base coat of some kind :)

Is it just the photo that makes it look like that one has more backgrounding then the finished product?

Well I did add some 885 bckgrd around the edge and that phot was scanned from the printer so it shows in very bright light all the details:)

Mike really did an amazing job and it was VERY DEEP!

It made one heck of a challenge for my letter tags! Trying to draw and dye straight lines was very very nerve racking! I did not want to take away from anything Mike did.... Just give it the end result.

Edited by chancey77

I didn't even think about painting straight lines over the tooling like that :)

I can imagine how nerve racking that was!!