Sign in to follow this  
Big Papa Leather

Braider type person needed

I want to make a couple bags/purses and would like the handles to be braided. Being that I already have my head stuffed full of other frustrating leather "I need to learns", I was wondering if anyone was interested in making a few that I could purchase.

Please contact me with a pm or send me an email and I will get you the particulars, (or better you can walk me through the stuff you need to make the handles.)

Thanks

Allen

note to mods... Whoever moved this message, WOW that was fast! I was unsure where to post it so now I know!

Thanks

Edited by scissormedic

It all depends on what you plan to do.

Do you want to cut your own lace from a hide or buy it?

You can save an awfull lot of money by making it and tools can be cheap to do so.

Braiding properly takes time, patience and good concentration but in it's principle, it's easy to learn.

For an fairly standard but better looking 8 strand handle

You will need

lace, 1.5 -2 times length of handle

Rope or something as a core to braid over

lace 1/8th width of core (fractionally more actually)

SOme sort of thin but strong twine or thread.

Saddle soap

If making lace..

Lace maker

Lace splitter

compass

circular template to cut from

water bottle to stretch and strengthen lace..

THeres not much more to it, and you will find braiding instructions if you go through search function.

Give me a call I can do this. My daughter could as well. Call 775-232-4809 ask for fred.

I want to make a couple bags/purses and would like the handles to be braided. Being that I already have my head stuffed full of other frustrating leather "I need to learns", I was wondering if anyone was interested in making a few that I could purchase.

Please contact me with a pm or send me an email and I will get you the particulars, (or better you can walk me through the stuff you need to make the handles.)

Thanks

Allen

note to mods... Whoever moved this message, WOW that was fast! I was unsure where to post it so now I know!

Thanks