Howdy all, I have one quick question about air brushing. About all I ever dye is the background in my carving, My carvings are mainly of the sheridan style (or at least I try to do sheridan) The background areas are very small usually and I have a heck of a time with a brush trying to get dye right where I want it to go. Would an airbrush be a better method for this or should I stick with the brush.

Bob Park if you are reading this how do you dye your backgrounds?

Thanks for any and all info

Tim Worley

TK-Leather

Unless your very familiar with the airbrush then you need to just stick to the brushing by hand. With an airbrush, you have to be able to have a steady hand but you also have to be good with the trigger too.

Howdy all, I have one quick question about air brushing. About all I ever dye is the background in my carving, My carvings are mainly of the sheridan style (or at least I try to do sheridan) The background areas are very small usually and I have a heck of a time with a brush trying to get dye right where I want it to go. Would an airbrush be a better method for this or should I stick with the brush.

Bob Park if you are reading this how do you dye your backgrounds?

Thanks for any and all info

Tim Worley

TK-Leather

Tim....I use a couple of different brushes. One is very narrow and one is larger. I use the smaller one the most but when the area is large enough I will go to the larger brush. I have never airbrushed before and would like to learn, but I'm not sure that would be a good place to use one. Dying with spirit dyes can get trickey, but after awhile you learn to make the "spread" of the dye work for you instead of against you.

Hope this helps....

Bobby

Yeah I think I just need to get some good quality brushes and try again.

Thanks for the info.

Tim Worley

TK-Leather