Sign in to follow this  
brettra

Protective Coating On Belt

Hello everyone,

I've made a belt for my daughter. It was dyed and then I applied glitter with a spray adhesive. I tried adding a few layers of adhesive over the glitter but she still managed to wear off some of the glitter simply from wearing.

Can anyone advise what will make a good top coat that will keep the problem from reoccurring? I'm worried about flexibility and cracking._DSC1208.jpg

Bretta, . . . my favorite, hands down, product for final finishing of belts is Resolene.

Dilute it to a 50/50 solution of Resolene and water, . . . brush it on with a cheap bristle brush, . . . (brush until you get a coat of bubbles, . . . then brush till the bubbles all disappear), . . . you may have to do a couple of coats.

We buy it here in the states in a small 4 oz bottle, . . . it is worth the investment to try it on a scrap piece, . . . but if I were a gambler, . . . I'd bet you will like the results.

It is a good, tough finish.

May God bless,

Dwight

Bretta, . . . my favorite, hands down, product for final finishing of belts is Resolene.

Dilute it to a 50/50 solution of Resolene and water, . . . brush it on with a cheap bristle brush, . . . (brush until you get a coat of bubbles, . . . then brush till the bubbles all disappear), . . . you may have to do a couple of coats.

We buy it here in the states in a small 4 oz bottle, . . . it is worth the investment to try it on a scrap piece, . . . but if I were a gambler, . . . I'd bet you will like the results.

It is a good, tough finish.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thank you Dwight and thank you for the ditution instruction. I will order in a bottle and give it a go. I appreciate the voice of experience.

Regards,

Scott